With Filipino cuisine cited as one of top food trends in 2017 by publications like New York Times and Bloomberg, Madrid Fusion Manila is poised to once again draw the world's top chefs and food enthusiasts. This year's theme, "Towards a Sustainable Gastronomic Planet," will explore how to transform gastronomy while respecting environmental limits and enhancing cultural traditions.
"As the world's second largest archipelago with more than 7,107 tropical islands and thousands of rare and endemic species, the Philippines is an excellent venue for presentation and discussion of sustainable gastronomy," says Tourism Secretary Wanda Corazon Tulfo-Teo Secretary Teo.
The event will have three main components: (1) International Gastronomy Congress, (2) Fusion Manila International Gastronomy Expo, and (3) the month-long Flavors of the Philippines calendar of events.
The International Gastronomy Congress will be a platform for innovation to discuss the future of food. Speakers include some of the world's best chefs like:
• Paco Perez of the 2 Michelin Star restaurants Miramar and Enoteca (both in Spain) and 1 Michelin Star restaurant 5-Cinco (Germany)
• Jordi Roca & Alejandra Rivas of the 3 Michelin Star restaurant El Celler de Can Roca, No. 2 World's 50 Best Restaurants 2016 (Spain)
• Regis Marcon of the 3 Michelin Star restaurant Regis and Jacques Marcon (France)
• Pedro Subijana of the 3 Michelin Stars and 4 Repsol Suns restaurant Akelarre (Spain)
• Gert de Mangeleer of the 3 Michelin Star restaurant Hertog Jan (Belgium)
• Simon Rogan of the 3 Michelin Star restaurant L'Enclume and 1 Michelin Star restaurant Fera at Claridge's (United Kingdom)
• Akrame Benallal of Akrame, 2 Michelin Star restaurant (France) and 1 Michelin Star restaurant (Hong Kong)
• Magnus Ek of the 2 Michelin Star restaurant Oaxen Krog & Slip (Sweden)
• Julien Royer of the 2 Michelin Star restaurant Odette (Singapore)
• Kamilla Seidler & Michelangelo Cestari of the 1 Michelin Star restaurant Gustu (Bolivia)
• Josean Alija of the 1 Michelin Star restaurant Nerua (Spain)
• Rodrigo de la Calle of the 1 Michelin Star restaurant El Invernadero (Spain)
• Tony Yoo of the 1 Michelin Star restaurant 24 Seasons (South Korea)
• Vicky Lau of the 1 Michelin Star restaurant Tate Dining Room and Bar, 2015 Asia's Best Female Chef (Hong Kong)
• Ray Adriansyah of Locavore Ubud, No. 49, Asia's 50 Best Restaurants 2016 (Indonesia)
• Tatiana & Katia Levha of La Servan restaurant (France), included in the Conde Nast Traveler's 10 Young Chefs to Watch in 2016
• Sally Camacho Mueller, runner up in the second season of Top Chef, Just Desserts (USA)
• Jordy Navarra of Toyo Eatery restaurant (Philippines)
• Robby Goco of Green Pastures restaurant and Filipino pioneer in slow food movement and sustainable dining experience (Philippines)
• Gene Gonzalez of Cafe Ysabel restaurant, the only Ten Outstanding Young Men (TOYM) awardee in culinary arts (Philippines)
The Fusion Manila International Gastronomy Expo will showcase gourmet food and beverage products, ingredients, technologies, creative tableware, destination and lifestyle settings, and services. In keeping with the theme, the expo will also feature culinary tourism. B2B meetings will be arranged for interested expo exhibitors.
Flavors of the Philippines, a month-long calendar of gastronomic and cultural experiences will also take place. There will be food festivals and fiestas, culinary tours and food trips, dinners with the stars, mall-wide food events, cook fests and bar crawls, special Flavors of the Philippines menus in restaurants, gourmet and agri markets, trade fairs, and more.
Celebrated annually in Madrid since 2003, Madrid Fusion is considered one of the leading gastronomy gatherings in the world.
More information can be found at www.madridfusionmanila.com. For inquiries, please contact telephone numbers: (632) 893-7973 for the Congress, (632) 929-1576 for the Expo and (632) 832-5401 for the Flavors of the Philippines. Email address: [email protected]