• The applicant should be a natural-born Filipino citizen and a permanent resident of the Philippines
• The applicant should be a holder of at least a four (4) year bachelor's degree or higher.
• The applicant should have been employed or undertaken further studies at least two years after graduating from college or university
• If married to a foreigner, the applicant must secure from the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, through the Board of Foreign Service Examinations, authority to take the FSO Examinations.
• If applicant has dual or multiple citizenship, he/she should submit a notarized affidavit stating that upon passing the examination he/she intends to renounce his/her allegiance to all his/her other countries of citizenship. He/she must also submit a notarized affidavit stating that he/she is a permanent resident in the Philippines.
Applicants for the examination must be knowledgeable on the economic, political and social conditions of the Philippines, and must possess not only facility in oral and written communications but the personality traits essential to the performance of the duties of Foreign Service Officers. They must also be willing to accept assignments to any post where services may be required.
Application forms shall be duly accomplished by the applicants and submitted in person on or before Thursday, 21 November 2019 at any Regional Consular Office or at Philippine Embassies or Consulates abroad, and not later than Thursday, 28 November 2019 at the Board of Foreign Service Examinations (BFSE) Secretariat, 2nd Floor, DFA Main Building, 2330 Roxas Blvd., Pasay City. Advance copies of application forms may also be submitted to the BFSE through email address: [email protected]
until Thursday, 21 November 2019. Incomplete requirements will not be accepted.
To read the full announcement and to download the application form, please visit: https://dfa.gov.ph/fsoexams
For further information, please contact the Board Secretariat through telephone number 834-3080/ 834-3083/ 834-4925 or by email at [email protected]