Please note the following requirements of the Foundation:
1. A foreign student studying in Korea seeking financial support for tuition fees and living costs. The student must be enrolled in a university as an undergraduate or graduate student. Students enrolled in language classes do not qualify.
2. The student must have not exceeded the terms of the scholarship (the reference start date is the date you begin school).
A. Undergraduate students in 4-year university First 8 semesters (First 4 years)
B. Master's degree students First 4 semesters (First 2 years)
C. PhD degree students First 6 semesters (First 3 years)
D. Joint Master's and PhD degree students First 8 semesters (First 4 years)
Note: Woojung is unable to offer scholarships beyond the noted terms.
3. The student must have acquired over 80 points score in academic records (equivalent to a grade of B). However, if the student is experiencing financial difficulties, he or she may still be considered.
Note: The student must have at least one semester of grades as a full-time student from a four-year Korean university (in order to determine academic potential).
4. The student must have good manners.
5. The student must not be a recipient of a government scholarship. Students receiving no scholarship from any source will receive preferential consideration when selecting Woojung scholarship recipients.
Qualified applicants must submit, personally or via postal mail, to the Embassy the following documentary requirements on or before Monday, 24 January 2022:
- Application Form,
- Certificate of Admission,
- Certificate of Enrollment,
- Official Academic Record,
- Recommendation Letter from Dean or Professor,
- Study Plan,
- Copy of Bank Account, and
- A Cover Letter addressed to the Head of Mission.
The Woojung Education and Culture Foundation was established by Booyoung Group, one of the key construction companies in South Korea, with the aim to lend financial support to deserving foreign students currently studying in Korea.
For further inquiries, you may get in touch with Ms. Charmie Fugaban, Economic Assistant and Information Officer at telephone number 796-7387 loc. 308 and email address email@example.com
The PDF version of the forms may be accessed through: https://seoulpe.dfa.gov.ph/images/2022/Announcement/Woojung_Education_and_Culture_Foundation_Scholarship_for_1st_Semester_AY2022.pdf