The deadline for submission of nominations is on April 30, 2023. Nomination forms may also be requested through their email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or can also be downloaded through their website at www.bbfi.com.ph.
There are five (5) award categories that allow the recognition of specific contributions of OFWs corresponding to the different areas of their involvements:
1. Bagong Bayani Award for Outstanding Employee
2. Bagong Bayani Award for Community and Social Service
3. Bagong Bayani Award for Culture and the Arts
4. Capt. Gregorio S. Oca Achievement Award
5. Blas F. Ople Award para sa Natatanging Bagong Bayani
Any active Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), whether land-based or sea-based and possessing the following qualifications, may be nominated for pre-qualification:
- Has no past or present criminal or derogatory record;
- Must be of good moral standing, or has received recognition from past or present employer for exemplary behavior or outstanding service; and
- The employment contract must have been processed by the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) / Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) and must not have left the country irregularly or as a tourist.
The specific criteria per category may be found here: https://bit.ly/BBACriteria
The awarding is scheduled on August 23, 2023 in Malacanan Palace with the President as Guest of Honor. (END)