TO ALL CONCERNED:
Pursuant to Department Order # 185, Series of 2017 dated 9 November 2017 issued
by Secretary Silvestre H. Bello, III, the acceptance and processing of NEW applications for
Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) for LAND-BASED Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) are suspended from 13 November to 1 December 2017 subject to extension as warranted.
Applicants with work visas issued as of 5:00 pm on 12 November 2017 are not
covered by the suspension provided:
1. Original visas or stamped passport clearly shows the date of visa issuance; and
2. Visa is translated in English with the official receipt of translation.
Exemptions to the suspension are the following:
1. Workers hired by international organizations and members of the diplomatic corps;
2. Government hired workers; and
3. Returning workers or Balik-Manggagawa
While the Philippine Overseas Labor Offices (POLOs) are not barred from verifying
Employment documents during the pendency of the suspension, considering the time limit
of visas, and the possibility of extension of the suspension, employers are advised to wait
for the lifting of the suspension.
For the guidance of all concerned.
MA. LUZ L. TALENTO