Recognizing its global social responsibility, SNU offers the SPF Program to provide opportunities to faculty members of major universities in developing countries in Asia to pursue Ph.D. degrees at SNU. Applicants can apply to pursue Ph.D. studies in any research areas, however, priority will be given to applicants in the fields of engineering, medicine, public health, agriculture, developmental studies and Korean studies.
Applicants must be BOTH:
- A faculty member, without Ph.D., of a major university from a developing country in
- Currently admitted and/ or enrolled in SNU as a Ph.D. student for the given semester.
- Full tuition
- Round-trip airfare
- KRW 24,000,000.00 annual stipend (paid over 12 months)
- Korean language training
- Group Medical Insurance
- SPF Fall 2018 Application Form (including study plan)
- Certificate of Employment (as a faculty member)
- Certificate of Graduation (Bachelor's and Master's degrees)
- Official Transcript (both Bachelor's and Master's degrees)
- Recommendation Letter from the Dean of Affiliated College at SNU or
Recommendation Letter from the Dean or President of current university.
Online applications would run from 19 February 2018 to 22 March 2018 while the submission of required documents would be from 19 February 2018 to 23 March 2018. All application and necessary documents must be submitted by the college or university on behalf of the applicant to SNU's Office of International Affairs.
Interested applicants may visit the SNU website http://en.snu.ac.kr/apply/info or contact SNU's Office of International Affairs for more information.
? Address Office of International Affairs, 2nd Floor, Bldg. 152 CJ International Bldg., Seoul National University, 1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, Korea 08826
? Tel. +82-2-880-2519
? Email [email protected]
The SPF Fall 2018 Application Form and Admission Guide are attached.